We at MIISTA just love DIY’s and with the cold winter months ahead we thought adding some swag to our beanies would be a good way to start. Having two bloggers around, namely ALICE POINT and COCOROSA we thought about putting them to work (yes, WORK! we at MIISTA have special powers that get fashionistas on the grind.) We put the two in an amazing London Greenhouse and gave them 2 cameras, yes, we wanted a video as well! And behold our very first MIISTA Beanie tutorial!
1. WHAT YOU WILL NEED
1. Beanie: old, new, whatever you like! The red Beanie comes from Top Shop while the Black one is from H&M
2. Scissors, Needle & thread and pins
2. Varsity Letter: we found this one in our local trim store but you can cut them out of old sweaters or make your own by using felt and an old towel!
4. Chains: you can find them in trim stores, hardware stores and in your jewelry box!
5. Other embellishments you would like to use; rhinestones, feathers, you can even use earrings and necklaces!
3. STARTING WITH THE VARSITY BEANIE
For the Varsity Beanie you will need the following:
1. Varsity letter
3. Pins for the perfect placement
A Varsity letter or Monogram can be a DIY by itself by using wool felt and a Terry Fabric (like a towel or bathrobe) and your letter of choice printed out so you can use it as a template on the fabric!
We will start by placing the letter, best is to actually wear the beanie and to place the letter by looking in the mirror! The rest is simple! Iron on the letter and you will be the proud owner of a Varsity Beanie!
6. ALICE BEING VARSITY READY! GO ALICE!
7. STARTING WITH THE CHAINED-OUT BEANIE