The Miista Shoe Amnesty / Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
Charity Shoe Amnesty for the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
Miista is running a charity Shoe Amnesty to raise money for the Evening Standard’s Dispossessed Fund.
A customer survey recently found that over half of women and men in the UK have several pairs of shoes in their wardrobe which they have hardly ever worn, and we are asking you to give these good quality unused shoes to our Shoe Amnesty.
The nearly new shoes will be put up for auction online and all the proceeds from the sale will go to the Evening Standard’s Dispossessed Fund.
The Dispossessed Fund helps grassroots charities tackling poverty, inequality and exclusion across the capital.
Lots of celebrities have already signed up to the #ShoesForDispossessedFund Shoe Amnesty and donated their shoes – Dame Judi Dench, Joanna Lumley Alesha Dixon and Eliza Doolittle to name but a few. But it’s not just for celebrities, everyone can donate or bid for shoes in the auction and 100% of the money raised goes to this great cause.
So how can you help?
1. Donate Shoes to Our Shop. Donate a pair of hardly used (or unused) shoes to our pop-up shop in Shoreditch - 67 Redchurch Street, London, E2 7DJ. You can even get a 20% discount on a new pair of Miista shoes as an incentive to donate a pair of your shoes.
2. Donate Shoes by Post. You can donate by post to our offices – Miista Shoes, Ground Floor, 24 Shacklewell Lane, London, E8 2EZ
3. Share it on Social Media. Let all your friends know – before you send your shoes take a picture with them and share it on social media: “I'm giving a pair of shoes to @miistashoes @standardnews #ShoesForDispossessedFund #Charity #NoShoeShaming
4. Bid for Some Shoes. Have a look on the auction site – http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/miistashoes and bid for some shoes on the charity eBay page.
5. Donate Direct to the Charity. Or you can also donate to the fund directly by giving here http://www.dispossessedfund.org.uk/donate.aspx
Thank you all for your generous donations!